Product codeD033 DTPA anhydride
Chemical nameDiethylenetriamine-N,N,N',N”,N”-pentaacetic acid, dianhydride
|Unit size||Price||Item Code|
Product Description of Amine-Reactive Biotins
DTPA anhydride is utilized to add chelate functions to molecules or surfaces with amine groups. After adding chelate functions, metal ions such as radioisotopes can be introduced to the molecule. According to Dr. Hnatowich, IgG may be labeled with radioactive indium using DTPA-anhydride. DTPA is first linked to IgG through a covalent bond, then In(III) is tightly chelated to DTPA. Such radioactive antibodies are known to bind with antigen in vitro and in vivo.
1) W. C. Eckelman, S. M. Karesh and R. C. Reba, "New Compounds: Fatty Acid and Long Chain Hydrocarbon Derivatives Containing a Strong Chelating Agent", J. Pharm. Sci., 1975, 64, 704.
2) B. A. Khaw, J. T. Fallon, H. W. Strauss and E. Haber, "Myocardial Infarct Imaging of Antibodies to Canine Cardiac Myosin with Indium-111-Diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid", Science, 1980, 209, 295.
3) D. J. Hnatowich, W. W. Layne and R. L. Childs, "The Preparation and Labeling of DTPA-Coupled Albumin", J. Appl. Radiat. Isot., 1982, 33, 327.
4) D. J. Hnatowich, W. W. Layne, R. L. Childs, D. Lanteigne, M. A. Davis, T. W. Griffin and P. W. Doherty, "Radioactive Labeling of Antibody: A Simple and Efficient Method", Science, 1983, 220, 613.
5) C. F. Meares and D. A. Goodwin, "Linking Radiometals to Proteins with Bifunctional Chelating Agents", J. Protein Chem. , 1984, 3, 215.
6) A. Canfi, M. P. Bailey and B. F. Rocks, "Fluorescent Terbium Chelates Derived from Diethylenetriaminepentaacetic Acid and Heterocyclic Compounds", Analyst, 1989,114, 1405.
7) C. H. Paik, K. Yokoyama, J. C. Reynolds, S. M. Quadri, C. Y. Min, S. Y. Shin, P. J. Maloney, S. M. Larson and R. C. Reba, "Reduction of Background Activities by Introduction of a Diester Linkage between Antibody and a Chelatein Radioimmunodetection of Tumor", J. Nuclear Medicine, 1989, 30, 1693.
8) D. J. Hnatowich, "Recent Developments in the Radiolabeling of Antibodies with iodine, Indium, and Technetium", Semi. Nucl. Medicine, 1990, 20(1), 80.
Handling and storage condition
|Appearance：||Slightly yellow to slightly yellowish brown powder|
|Purity (Titration)：||≧ 99.0 % (as DTPA)|
|Solubility in NaOH solution：||To pass test (clear to slightly turbid, pale yellow to pale yellowish brown)|
|m.p.：||175 - 188oC (dec.)|
|1.Protect from moisture|