Product codeD630 DTSSP
CAS No.81069-02-5(free acid)
Chemical nameDithiobis(sulfosuccinimidyl propionate), disodium salt
|Unit size||Price||Item Code|
DTSSP is a cross-linkingreagent reacting the amino groups with each other. Since DTSSP has at both ends of the molecule N-hydroxysuccinimide active ester to react selectively with the amino group, it can be conjugated a carrier protein to simple hapten or preparation labeled enzyme. BS3 takes a chemical structure having analkyl chain to the linker moiety. Meanwhile, DTSSP and DSP is capable of cleavage of the disulfide-introduced linker site that is easily reduced by the reducing agent. Further, since the active ester group having a sulfonic acid group is introduced to DTSSP and BS3, it may be carried out labeling reaction without using an organic solvent such as DMSO or DMF.
1) J. V. Staros, "N-Hydroxysulfosuccinimide Active Ester: Bis(N-hydroxysulfosuccinimide) Ester of Two Dicarboxylic Acids Are Hydrophilic, Membrane-impermeant, Protein Cross-Linkers", Biochemistry, 1982, 21, 3950.
2) S. M. Jung and M. Moroi, "Crosslinking of Platelet Glycoprotein Ib by N-Succinimidyl(4-azidophenyldithio)propionate and 3,3'-Dithiobis(sulfosuccinimidyl propionate)", Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 1983, 761, 152.
3) C. L. Swaim, J. B. Smith and D. L. Smith, "Unexpected Products From the Reaction of the Synthetic Cross-linker 3,3'-Dithiobis(sulfosuccinimidyl propionate), DTSSP with Peptides", J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom., 2004, 15, 736.
4) P. Kao, S. Doerner, T. Schneider, D. Allara, P. Hauptmann and S. Tadigadapa, "A Micromachined Quartz Resonator Array for Biosensing Applications", J. Microekectromech. Syst., 2009, 18(3), 522.
5) G. J. King, A. Jones, B. Kobe, T. Huber, D. Mouradov, D. A. Hume and I. L. Ross, "Identification of Disulfide-containing Chemical Cross-links in Proteins Using MALDI-TOF/TOF-Mass Spectrometry", Anal. Chem., 2008, 80, 5036.
Handling and storage condition
|Appearance：||White to almost white powder|
|Purity (HPLC)：||≧80.0 %|
|Solubility in water：||To pass test (clear, colorless)|
|0-5°C, Protect from moisture|