Biotin Labeling Reagent
Product codeB572 Biotin-SS-Sulfo-OSu
Chemical nameN-[[2-(Biotinylamino)ethyl]dithiopropionyloxy]sulfosuccinimide, sodium salt
|Unit size||Price||Item Code|
Biotin-SS-Sulfo-Osuis a biotin molecule containing N-hydroxysuccinimide active ester groups, whichcan be used to introduce biotin to the amino groupsof proteins such as antibodies andenzymes. Thecleavage of the linker site for unlike biotinylatedagent having only alkyl chain linkers, Biotin-AC5Sulfo-OSu or Biotin Sulfo-OSu,but disulfide group introducedinto the linker site is easily reduced by a reducing agent is possible. After labelingmolecules using Biotin-SS-Sulfo-OSu on column coatedwith avidin or streptavidin, the molecules can be recovered by cleavage of the linker site by reduction operation.
1) M. Shimkus, J. Levy and T. Herman, "A Chemically Cleavable Biotinylated Nucleotide: Usefulness in the Recovery of Protein-DNA complexes From Avidin Affinity Columns", Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 1985, 82, 2593.
2) G. Nikov, V. Bhat, J. S. Wishnok and S. R. Tannenbaum, "Analysis of Nitrated Proteins by Nitrotyrosine-specific Affinity Probes and Mass Spectrometry", Anal. Biochem., 2003, 320(2), 214.
3) S. B. Scheurer, C. Roesli, D. Neri and G. Elia, "A Comparison of Different Biotinylation Reagents, Tryptic Digestion Procedures, and Mass Spectrometric Techniques for 2-D peptide Mapping of Membrane Proteins", Proteomics, 2005, 5, 3035.
4) J. C. Timmer, M. Enoksson, E. Wildfang, W. ZHU, Y. Igarashi, J-B. Denault, Y. Ma, B. Dummitt, Y-H. Chang, A. E. Mast, A. Eroshkin, J. W. Smith, W. A. Tao and G. S. Salvesen, "Profiling Constitutive Proteolytic events in vivo", Biochem. J., 2007, 407, 41.
5) S. J. Lee, K-H. Kim, J. S. Park, J. W. Jung, Y. H. Kim, S. K. Kim, W-S. Kim, H-G. Goh, S-H Kim, J-S. Yoo, D-W Kim and K. P. Kim, "Comparative Analysis of Cell Surface Proteins in Chronic and Acute Leukemia Cell Lines", Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 2007, 357, 620.
Handling and storage condition
|Appearance：||White to almost white powder|
|Purity (HPLC)：||≧ 80.0 %|
|Solubility in Dimethyl sulfoxide：||To pass test (clear, colorless)|
|-20°C, Protect from moisture|