Biotin-HPDP is a biotin molecule containing a pyridyldisulfide group. Biotin-HPDP canbe introduced biotin to amolecule containing SH group. Pyridyl disulfide group can also be easily reduced by the reducing agent, and the exchange reaction with SH groups of such proteinsare possible. As with Biotin-SS-Sulfo-OSu, linker site by reduction operation hasa cleavable feature.However, since it reacts with theSH groups of theprotein of interest, the reactionsite can be returned to theSH groups of the protein derived from the original after reducing the disulfidegroup. After labelingmolecules using Biotin-HPDP on column coated withavidin or streptavidin, the molecules canbe recovered by cleavage of the linkersite by reduction operation.
1) A.Janshoff, K-P. S. Dancil, C. Steinem, D. P.Greiner, V. S.-Y.Lin, C. Gurtner, K.Motesharei, M. J. Sailor and G. M. R. Ghadiri, "Macroporous p-Type SiliconFabry-Perot Layers. Fabrication, Characterization, and Applications inBiosensing", J. Am. Chem.Soc., 1998, 120(46), 12108.
2) K. K.Caswell, J. N. Wilson, U. H. F. Bunz and C. J. Murphy, "PreferentialEnd-to-end Assembly of Gold Nanorods by Biotin-streptavidin Connectors", J.Am. Chem.Soc., 2003, 125(46), 13914.
3) Z. Siwy, L. Trofin, P. Kohli, L. A.Baker, C. Trautmann and C. R. Martin,"Protein Biosensors Based on Biofunctionalized Conical GoldNanotubes", J. Am. Chem.Soc., 2005, 127(14), 5000.
4) G. Hao, B. Derakhshan, L. Shi, F. Campagne and S. S. Gross, "SNOSID, AProteomic Method for Identification of Cysteine S-nitrosylation Sites inComplex Protein Mixtures", Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A., 2006,103(4), 1012.
5) N. L. Moan, G. Clement, S. L. Maout, F. Tacnet and M. B. Toledano, "TheSaccharomyces Cerevisiae Proteome of Oxidized Protein Thiols: ContrastedFunctions for the Thioredoxin and Glutathione Pathways", J. Biol. Chem.,2006, 281(15), 10420.
6) W. Shu, E. D. Laue and A. A. Seshia, "Investigation ofBiotin-streptavidin Binding Interactions Using Microcantilever Sensors", Biosens.Bioelectron., 2007, 22, 2003.
7) W. Yang, D. D. Vizio, M. Kirchner, H. Steen and M. R. Freeman,"Proteome Scale Characterization of Human S-acylated Proteins inLipid Raft-enriched and Non-raft Membranes", Mol. Cell. Proteomics,2010, 9, 54.