Biotin-SS-Sulfo-Osuis a biotin molecule containing N-hydroxysuccinimide active ester groups, whichcan be used to introduce biotin to the amino groupsof proteins such as antibodies andenzymes. Thecleavage of the linker site for unlike biotinylatedagent having only alkyl chain linkers, Biotin-AC5Sulfo-OSu or Biotin Sulfo-OSu,but disulfide group introducedinto the linker site is easily reduced by a reducing agent is possible. After labelingmolecules using Biotin-SS-Sulfo-OSu on column coatedwith avidin or streptavidin, the molecules can be recovered by cleavage of the linker site by reduction operation.
1) M. Shimkus, J. Levy and T.Herman, "A Chemically Cleavable Biotinylated Nucleotide: Usefulness in theRecovery of Protein-DNA complexes From Avidin Affinity Columns", Proc.Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 1985, 82, 2593.
2) G. Nikov, V. Bhat, J. S. Wishnok and S. R. Tannenbaum, "Analysis ofNitrated Proteins by Nitrotyrosine-specific Affinity Probes and MassSpectrometry", Anal. Biochem., 2003, 320(2), 214.
3) S. B. Scheurer, C. Roesli, D. Neri and G. Elia, "A Comparison ofDifferent Biotinylation Reagents, Tryptic Digestion Procedures, and MassSpectrometric Techniques for 2-D peptide Mapping of Membrane Proteins", Proteomics,2005, 5, 3035.
4) J. C. Timmer, M. Enoksson, E. Wildfang, W. ZHU, Y. Igarashi, J-B. Denault,Y. Ma, B. Dummitt, Y-H. Chang, A. E. Mast, A. Eroshkin, J. W. Smith, W. A. Taoand G. S. Salvesen, "Profiling Constitutive Proteolytic events in vivo",Biochem. J., 2007, 407, 41.
5) S. J. Lee, K-H. Kim, J. S. Park, J. W. Jung, Y. H. Kim, S. K. Kim, W-S. Kim,H-G. Goh, S-H Kim, J-S. Yoo, D-W Kim and K. P. Kim, "Comparative Analysisof Cell Surface Proteins in Chronic and Acute Leukemia Cell Lines", Biochem.Biophys. Res. Commun., 2007, 357, 620.