ChemicalName: 1-Ethyl-3-(3-dimethylaminopropyl)carbodiimide, hydrochloride
Chemical StructureProduct Description of Calixarenes
Appearance: White powder
Purity: ≥98.0% (Titration)
MW: 191.70, C8H18ClN3
Storage Condition: ambient temperature, protect from moisture
Shipping Condition: ambient temperature
WSC is a water soluble carbodiimide. It is also soluble in alcohol, acetone, chloroform, dioxane, and DMF. WSC is used as a condensing agent for peptide syntheses. WSC and its urea form can be easily removed after the reaction due to their high water solubility. WSC, EDC, EDAC, EDCI, and ethyl-CDI are the same reagent.
1. J. H. Saunders, et al., The Chemistry of the Organic Isocyanates. Chem Rev. 1948;43:203-218.
2. R. J. Slocombe, et al., Phosgene Derivatives. The Preparation of Isocyanates, Carbamyl Chlorides, and Cyanuric Acid. J Am Chem Soc. 1950;72:1888-1891.
3. H. Ozawa, Reaction of Insulin with Ethyl Glycinate and 1-Ethyl-3-(3-dimethylaminopropyl)carbodiimide. Biochemistry. 1970;9:2158-2163.
4. T. Y. Lin, Lactose Synthetase. Modification of Carboxyl Groups in α-Lactalbumin. Biochemistry. 1970;9:984-995.
5. J. C. Sheehan, et al., Total Synthesis of a Monocyclic Peptide LactoneAntibiotic, Etamycin E J Am Chem Soc. 1973;95:875-879.
6. M. E. Addy, et al., A Problem in the Mechanism of Carbodiimide-Mediated Synthesis of Peptides in Aqueous Medium. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1973;52:1034-1038.
7. A. Williams, et al., A New Mechanism Involving Cyclic Tautomers for the Reaction with Nucleophiles of the Water-Soluble Peptide Coupling Reagent 1-Ethyl-3-(3-(Dimethylamino)Propyl)Carbodiimide(EDC). J Am Chem Soc. 1981;103:7090-7095.
8. H. Yamada, et al., Selective Modification of Aspartic Acid-101 in Lysozyme by Carbodiimide Reaction. Biochemistry. 1981;20:4836-4842.
9. J. W. Chase, et al., F Sex Factor Encodes a Single-Stranded DNA Binding Protein (SSB) with Extensive Sequence Homology to Escherichia Coli SSB. PNAS. 1983;80:5480-5484.
10. J. V. Staros, et al., Enhancement by N-Hydroxysulfosuccinimide of Water-Soluble Carbodiimide-Mediated Coupling Reactions. Anal Biochem. 1986;156:220-222.
11. M. Taniuchi, et al., Induction of Never Growth Factor Receptor in Schwann Cells After Axotomy. PNAS. 1986;83:4094-4098.
12. M. Taniuchi, et al., Never Growth Factor Receptor Molecules in Rat Brain. PNAS. 1986;83:1950-1954.