Chemical Name: 3-Chlorocarbonyl-6,7-demethoxy-1-methyl-2(1H)-quinoxalinone
Appearance: Reddish-orange or orange powder
Purity: ≥95.0% (HPLC, derivatization)
MW: 282.68, C12H11ClN2O4
Storage Condition: -20°C, protect from moisture
Shipping Condition: blue ice
DMEQ-COCl is a labeling reagent for primary and secondary alcohols. In organic solvents such as benzene and acetonitrile, this reagent readily reacts with alcohols to yield highly fluorescent derivatives. The HPLC detection limits of benzylalcohol, n-hexanol, and cyclohexanol are 2-3 femtomoles per injection. Steroids that have primary and secondary alcohols can be detected as fluorescent DMEQ derivatives. However, tert-alcohols, hydroxycarboxylic acids, and phenols do not react under the same labeling conditions. DMEQ-COCl also reacts with amines; as little as 0.3 pmol per ml of β-phenylethylamine has been detected in human serum. The excitation and emission wavelengths of the labeled materials are 400 nm and 500 nm, respectively.
1. S. Inoue, et al., Cypridina Bioluminescence VI a New Route for the Synthesis of Cypridina Luciferin and Its Analogs. Tetrahedron Lett. 1969;10:1609-1610.
2. T. Iwata, et al., 3, 4-Dihydro-6, 7-dimethoxy-4-methyl-3-oxo-quinoxaline-2-carbonyl chloride as a Highly Sensitive Fluorescence Derivatization Reagent for Alcohols in High-performance Liquid Chromatography. J Chromatogr A. 1986;362:209-216.
3. A. Nishida, et al., A Sensitive and Specific Chemiluminescence Method for Estimating the Ability of Human Granulocytes and Monocytes to Generate O2-. Clin Chim Acta. 1989;179:177-181.
4. H. Nagaoka, et al., 2-(5-Chlorocarbonyl-2-oxazolyl)-5, 6-methylenedioxybenzofuran as Fluorescence Derivatization Reagent for Alcohols in High Performance Liquid Chromatography. Anal Sci. 1989;5:525-530.
5. J. Ishida, et al., 3,4-dihydro-6, 7-dimethoxy-4-methyl-3-oxoquinoxaline-2-carbonyl chloride as a Sensitive Fluorescence Derivatization Reagent for Amines in Liquid Chromatography. Anal Chim Acta. 1989;223:319-326.
6. Y. Ohkura, High Performance Liquid Chromatography of Bioactive Substances Using Bifunctional Fluorogenic Reagents for Derivatization a Review, Anal Sci. 1989;5:371-388.
7. J. Ishida, et al., High-Performance Liquid Chromatographic Determination of β-Phenylethylamine in Human Plasma with Fluorescence Detection. Anal Biochem. 1990;184:86-89.
8. K. J. Dave, et al., Improved Preparation and Structural Conformation of the Fluorescence Labelling Reagents 1, 2-Diamino-4, 5-dimethoxybenzene and 3, 4-dihydro-6, 7-dimethoxy-4-methyl-3-oxo-quinoxaline-2-carbonyl chloride. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 1990;8:307-312.
9. J. Ishida, et al., High-Performance Liquid Chromatographic Determination of 1, 2, 3, 4-Tetrahydroisoquinoline in Rat Brain with Fluorescence Detection. Anal Biochem. 1991;195:168-171.