Chemical Name: 4-Bromomethyl-7-methoxycoumarin
Appearance: Pale yellow or light yellow crystalline powder
Molar absorptivity: ≥11,000 (around 332 nm)
MW: 269.09, C11H9BrO3
Storage Condition: ambient temperature
Shipping Condition: ambient temperature
Br-Mmc, a coumarin derivative, is a blue fluorescent labeling reagent for carboxylates. This reagent is used for the determination of trace fatty acids in medicines or agricultural chemicals by TLC or HPLC. Potassium carbon is necessary for the labeling. The reaction is completed within 40 to 60 min in acetone reflux. Br-Mmc does not react with pyruvic acid, trichloroacetic acid, fumaric, acid or acetylenedicarboxylic acid. The excitation and emission wavelength of labeled materials are 360 nm and 410 nm, respectively.
1. S. Inoue, et al., Cypridina Bioluminescence VI a New Route for the Synthesis of Cypridina Luciferin and Its Analogs. Tetrahedron Lett. 1969;10:1609-1610.
2. T. Iwata, et al., 3, 4-Dihydro-6, 7-dimethoxy-4-methyl-3-oxo-quinoxaline-2-carbonyl chloride as a Highly Sensitive Fluorescence Derivatization Reagent for Alcohols in High-performance Liquid Chromatography. J Chromatogr A. 1986;362:209-216.
3. A. Nishida, et al., A Sensitive and Specific Chemiluminescence Method for Estimating the Ability of Human Granulocytes and Monocytes to Generate O2-. Clin Chim Acta. 1989;179:177-181.
4. H. Nagaoka, et al., 2-(5-Chlorocarbonyl-2-oxazolyl)-5, 6-methylenedioxybenzofuran as Fluorescence Derivatization Reagent for Alcohols in High Performance Liquid Chromatography. Anal Sci. 1989;5:525-530.
5. J. Ishida, et al., 3,4-dihydro-6, 7-dimethoxy-4-methyl-3-oxoquinoxaline-2-carbonyl chloride as a Sensitive Fluorescence Derivatization Reagent for Amines in Liquid Chromatography. Anal Chim Acta. 1989;223:319-326.
6. Y. Ohkura, High Performance Liquid Chromatography of Bioactive Substances Using Bifunctional Fluorogenic Reagents for Derivatization a Review, Anal Sci. 1989;5:371-388.
7. J. Ishida, et al., High-Performance Liquid Chromatographic Determination of β-Phenylethylamine in Human Plasma with Fluorescence Detection. Anal Biochem. 1990;184:86-89.
8. K. J. Dave, et al., Improved Preparation and Structural Conformation of the Fluorescence Labelling Reagents 1, 2-Diamino-4, 5-dimethoxybenzene and 3, 4-dihydro-6, 7-dimethoxy-4-methyl-3-oxo-quinoxaline-2-carbonyl chloride. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 1990;8:307-312.
9. J. Ishida, et al., High-Performance Liquid Chromatographic Determination of 1, 2, 3, 4-Tetrahydroisoquinoline in Rat Brain with Fluorescence Detection. Anal Biochem. 1991;195:168-171.