1. M. D. Porter, T. B. Bright, D. L. Allara and C. E. D. Chidsey, Spontaneously Organized Molecular Assemblies.4.Structural Characterization of n-Alkyl Thiol Monolayers on Gold by Optical Ellipsometry, Infrared Spectroscopy, and Electrochemistry, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1987, 109, 3559.
2. C. E. D. Chidsey, C. R. Bertozzi, T. M. Putvinski and A. M. Mujsce, Coadsorption of Ferrocene-Terminated and Unsubstituted Alkanethiols on Gold: Electroactive Self-Assembled Monolayers, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1990, 112, 4301.
3. J. J. Hickman, D. Ofer, P. E. Laibinis, G. M. Whitesides and M. S. Wrighton, Molecular Self-Assembly of Two-Terminal, Voltammetric Microsensors with Internal references, Science, 1991, 252, 688.
4. C. E. D. Chidsey, C. R. Bertozzi, T. M. Putvinski and A. M. Mujsce, Coadsorption of Ferrocene-Terminated and Unsubstituted Alkanethiols on Gold:Electroactive Self-Assembled Monolayers, Chemtracts, 1991, 3, 27.
5. K. Uosaki, Y. Sato and H. Kita, Electrochemical Characteristics of a Gold Electrode Modified with a Self-Assembled Monolayer of Ferrocenylalkanethiols, Langmuir, 1991, 7, 1510.
6. Y. Kajiya, T. Okamoto and H. Yoneyama, Glucose Sensitivity of Thiol-modified Gold Electrodes Having Immobilized Glucose Oxidase and 2-Aminoethylferrocene, Chem. Lett., 1993, 2107.
7. T. Ohtsuka, Y. Sato and K. Uosaki, Dynamic Ellipsometry of a Self-Assembled Monolayer of a Ferrocenylalkanethiol during Oxidation-Reduction Cycles, Langmuir, 1994, 10, 3658.
8. K. Shimazu, I. Yagi, Y. Sato and K. Uosaki, Electrochemical Quartz Crystal Microbalance Studies of Self-Assembled Monolayers of 11-ferrocenyl-1-undecanethiol: Structure-dependent Ion-pairing and Solvent Uptake, J. Electroanal. Chem., 1994, 372, 117.
9. T. Kondo, M. Takechi, Y. Sato and K. Uosaki, Absorption Behavior of Functionalized Ferrocenylalkane Thiol and Disulfide onto Au and ITO and Electrochemical Properties of Modified Electrodes: Effects of Acyl and Alkyl Groups Attached to the Ferrocene Ring, J. Electroanal. Chem., 1995, 381, 203.
10. J. l. Anderson, E. F. Bowden and P. G. Pickup, Dynamic Electrochemistry : Methodology and Application E Anal. Chem., 1996, 68, 379R.
11. K. Chen, F. Xu and C. A. Mirkin, Do Alkanethiols Adsorb onto the Surfaces of Tl-Ba-Ca-Cu-O-Based High-Temperature Superconductors? The Critical Role of H2O Contact on the Adsorption Process, Langmuir, 1996, 12, 2622.
12. S. Rubin, G. Bar, R. W. Cutts, J. T. Chow, J. P. Ferraris and T. A. Zawodzinski Jr., Electrical Communication Between Glucose Oxidase and Different Ferrocenylalkanethiol Chain Lengths, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc., 1996, 413, 377.
13. R. C. Sabapathy, S. Bhattacharyya, W. E. Cleland Jr. and C. L. Hussey, Host-Guest Complexation in Self-Assembled Monolayers: Inclusion of a Monolayer-Anchored Cationic Ferrocene-Based Guest by Cyclodextrin Hosts, Langmuir, 1998, 14, 3797.