Chemical Description: N-Ethyl-N-(2-hydroxy-3-sulfopropyl)-3-methylaniline, sodium salt, dihydrate
CAS: 82692-93-1 (as an anhydride)
Appearance: White or slightly blue powder
Purity: ≥98.0% (Absorbance)
MW: 331.36, C12H18NNaO4S, 2H2O
Storage Condition : ambient temperature, protect from moisture and light
Shipping Condition: ambient temperature
Preparation of Assay Solution - TOOS
- Dissolve 20 mg TOOS with 10 ml PBS to prepare 6.6 mM TOOS solution.
- Dissolve 14 mg 4-aminoantipyrin (AA) with 10 ml PBS to prepare 6.6 mM 4-AA solution.
- Prepare 2 U/ml horseradish peroxidase solution with PBS.
- Mix the same volume of each solution together to prepare assay solution. Store the assay solution at 4°C with protection from light.
- Prepare sample solutions for the enzymatic oxidation reaction. The pH range of the buffer solution should be from 5.5-9.5.
- Prepare standard solutions containing known amounts of substrate using the same buffer.
- Add the appropriate units of oxidase to the sample solution, followed by an addition of the same volume of the assay solution.
- Incubate the mixture at room temperature or at 37oC for 30 min to 1 hour.
- Measure the O.D. at 555 nm.
- Prepare a standard curve, and determine the substrate concentration in the sample solution.
1. K. Tamaoku, et al., New water-soluble
Hydrogen Donors for the Enzymatic Photometric Determination of Hydrogen
Peroxide. II. N-Ethyl-N-(2-hydroxy-3-sulfopropyl)aniline derivatives.
Chem Pharm Bull. 1982;30:2492-2497.
2. K. Tamaoku, et al., New water-soluble
Hydrogen Donors for the Enzymatic Spectrophotometric Determination of
Hydrogen Peroxide. Anal Chim Acta. 1982;136:121-127.
3. B. C. Madsen, et al., Flow Injection
and Photometric Determination of Hydrogen Peroxide in Rainwater with
N-Ethyl-N-(sulfopropyl)aniline sodium salt. Anal Chem. 1984;56:2849-2850.