Cell Based Assay
Oxidative Stress Assay
Kits for Life Science Research
Ordering, Payment & Delivery
Certificate of Analysis
Your cart is empty!
Register an Account
Cell Based Assay
-Bacstain- PI solution
Tell A Friend
3,8-Diamino-5-[3-(diethylmethylammonio)propyl]-6-phenylphenanthridinium diiodide, solution
Storage Condition :
-20ºC, protect from light
Shipping Condition :
Required Equipment and Materials
10 μl, 1000 μl pipettes, incubator, Microscope (blue excitation filter and red emission filter) or flow cytometer (488 nm blue laser)
1. Allow PI solution
to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to thaw. Solution should be protected from light.
2. Resuspend the organisms with PBS(-) or saline and adjust the number of cells to 10
cells/mL(flow cytometry) or 10
3. Add 10 μl of PI solution into 1 mL of microbial cell suspension and vortex gently to mix. Formaldehyde-fixation may be carried out, if necessary.
4. Incubate the microbial cells at room temperature for 5 minutes.
5. Analyze the stained-cells with a flow cytometer or a microscope. The maximum wavelengths of the dye are 530 nm for excitation and 620 nm for emission.
a) Since PI may be carcinogenic, be careful when handling and disposing.
1. N. Yamaguchi, et al., Flow cytometric analysis of bacterial respiratory and enzymatic activity in the natural aquatic environment. J Appl Microbiol. 1997;
Fig. 2 S. epidermidis stained with CFDA and PI (left).
E. coli stained with CFDA and PI (middle).
S. epidermidis stained with DAPI and PI (right).
8-14 business days
*Your estimated shipping date is calculated based on production, payment method, destination, and your shipping option.
For Research Use Only Products