Cell Based Assay
Oxidative Stress Assay
Kits for Life Science Research
Ordering, Payment & Delivery
Certificate of Analysis
Your cart is empty!
Register an Account
Cell Based Assay
-Bacstain- AO solution
Tell A Friend
3,6-Bis(dimethylamino)acridine hydrochloride, solution
Contents of the Kits:
:75 μl x 4 vials
Storage Condition :
-20ºC, protect from light
Shipping Condition :
Required Equipment and Materials
10 μl, 1000 μl pipettes, incubator, Microscope (blue excitation filter and red emission filter) or flow cytometer (488 nm blue laser)
Fig. 1 Cell staining mechanism
1. Allow AO solution
to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to thaw. Solution should be protected from light.
2. Resuspend the organisms with PBS(-) or saline and adjust the number of cells to 10
cells/mL(flow cytometry) or 10
3. Add 3 μl of AO solution into the 1 mL of microbial cell suspension and vortex gently to mix. Formaldehyde-fixation can be carried out if
4. Incubate the microbial cells at room temperature for 5 minutes.
5. Analyze the stained-cells with a flow cytometer or a microscope. The maximum wavelengths of the dye with ssDNA are 420-460 nm
for excitation and 630-650 nm for emission. The maximum wavelengths of the dye with dsDNA are 500 nm for excitation and 520 nm
a) Since AO may be carcinogenic, be careful when handling and disposing.
1. J. E. Hobbie, et al., Use of Nucleopore Filters for Counting Bacteria by Fluorescence Microscopy. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1997;
2. S. F. Nishino, et al., Direct Acridine Orange Counting of Bacteria Preserved with Acidified Lugol Iodine. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1986;
Fig. 2 B. subtils stained with AO.
8-14 business days
*Your estimated shipping date is calculated based on production, payment method, destination, and your shipping option.
For Research Use Only Products