Derivatization Reagent for HPLC
Product codeS013 SBD-F
Chemical name4-Fluoro-7-sulfobenzofurazan, ammonium salt
|Unit size||Price||Item Code|
SBD-F is a water-soluble reagent that reacts with sulfhydryl groups to produce highly fluorescent compounds. The detection limit of thiol compounds such as glutathione, cysteine, N-acetylcysteine, CoA and BSA by HPLC analysis is in the range of 100-500 pmol per injection.The excitation and emission of the derivatized compound are 385 nm and 515 nm, respectively.
1) K. Imai, T. Toyo'oka and Y. Watanabe, "A Novel Fluorogenic Reagent for Thiols: Ammonium 7-Fluorobenzo-2-Oxa-1,3-Diazole-4-Sulfonate", Anal. Biochem., 1983, 128, 471.
2) T. Toyo'oka and K. Imai, "High-Performance Liquid Chromatography and Fluoro-metric Detection of Biologically Important Thiols, Deri-vatized with Ammonium 7-Fluorobenzo-2-Oxa-1,3-Diazole-4-Sulphonate(SBD-F)", J. Chromatogr. , 1983, 282, 495.
3) T. Toyo'oka and K. Imai, "Fluorescence Analysis of Thiols with Ammonium 7-Fluorobenzo-2-Oxa-1, 3-Diazole-4-Sulphonate", Analyst, 1984, 109, 1003.
4) T. Toyo'oka, K. Imai and Y. Kawahara, "Determinaiton of Total Captopril in Dog Plasma by HPLC After Prelabelling with Ammonium 7-Fluorobenzo-2-Oxa-1,3-Diazole-4-Sulphonate(SBD-F)", J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal., 1984, 2, 473.
5) T. Sueyoshi, T. Miyata, S. Iwanaga, T. Toyo'oka and K. Imai, "Application of a Fluorogenic Reagent, Ammonium 7-Fluorobenzo-2-Oxa-1,3-Diazole-4-Sulphonate for Detection of Cystine-Containing Peptides", J. Biochem., 1985, 97, 1811.
6) T. Toyo'oka, S. Uchiyama, Y. Saito and K. Imai, "Simultaneous Determination of Thiols and Disulfides by High-performance Liquid Chromatography with Fluorescence Detection", Anal. Chim. Acta,, 1988, 205, 29.
7) T. Araki, Y. Yoshioka and K. Schmid, "The Position of the Disulfide Bonds in Human Plasmaα2HS-glycoprotein and the Repeating Double Disulfide Bonds in the Domain Structure", Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 1989, 994, 195.
8) B. A. McMullen, K. Fujikawa and E. W. Davie, "Location of the Disulfide Bonds in Human Plasma Prekallikrein; The Presence of Four Novel Apple Domains in the Amino-Terminal Portion of the Molecule", Biochemistry, 1991, 30, 2050.
9) D. Hess, J. Schaller and E. E. Rickli, "Identification of the Disulfide Bonds of Human Complement Cls", Biochemistry, 1991, 30, 2827.
Handling and storage condition
|Appearance：||White to pale yellow crystalline powder|
|Purity (HPLC)：||≧ 98.0 %|
|Solubility in water：||To pass test (clear, colorless)|
|Molar absorptivity：||≧ 4,000 (around 317 nm)|
|-20°C, Protect from light|