Derivatization Reagent for HPLC
Product codeM021 MDB
Chemical name1,2-Diamino-4,5-methylenedioxybenzene, dihydrOchloride
|Unit size||Price||Item Code|
Phenylenediamine (OPD) reacts with α-keto acids to form highly fluorescent quinoxaline derivatives. MDB is an o-phenylenediamine analogue. It is the best labeling reagent for α-keto acids because of its reactivity and sensitivity. In HPLC analysis, more than ten different α-keto acids, such as α-keto glutaric acid, pyruvic acid, and phydroxyphenyl-pyruvic acid, can be separately detected at a time, even at concentrations of only a few femtomoles per injection. The sensitivity of MDB is almost 150 times as high as OPD. The excitation and emission wavelength of the labeled materials are 367 nm and 445 nm, respectively.
1) M. Nakamura, S. Hara, M. Yamaguchi, Y. Takemori and Y. Ohkura, "1,2-Diamino-4,5-methylenedioxybenzene as a Highly Sensitive Fluorogenic Reagent for α-Keto Acids", Chem. Pharm. Bull., 1987, 35, 687.
2) S. Hara, Y. Takemori, M. Yamaguchi, M. Nakamura and Y. Ohkura, "Fluorometric High-Performance Liquid Chromatography of N-Acetyl-and N-Glycolylneuraminic Acids and Its Application to Their Microdetermination in Human and Animal Sera, Glycoproteins, and Glycolipids", Anal. Biochem., 1987, 164, 138.
3) S. Hara, M. Yamaguchi, Y. Takemori, T. Yoshitake and M. Nakamura, "1,2-Diamino-4,5-methylenedioxybenzene as a Highly Sensitive Fluorogenic Reagent for α-Dicarbonyl Compounds", Anal. Chim. Acta, 1988, 215, 267.
4) S. Arakawa, H. Wakazono, H. Ishihara and S. Tejima, "N-Acetylneuraminic acid and N-Glycolylneuraminic acid in Glycopeptides of Colonic Tumor and Mucosa in Rats Treated with Carrageenan and 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine", Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 1989, 159, 452.
5) T. Yoshitake, S. Hara, M. Yamaguchi, M. Nakamura, Y. Ohkura and S. Gorog, "Measurement of 21-Hydroxycorticosteroids in Human and Rat Sera by High-performance Liquid Chromatography with Fluorimetric Detection", J. Chromatogr., 1989, 489, 364.
6) M. Yamaguchi, J. Ishida, T. Yoshitake and M. Nakamura, "Determination of Prednisolone and Prednisone in Plasma by Liquid Chromatogrphy with Fluorescence Detection" , Anal. Chim. Acta, 1991, 242, 113.
7) T. Kremmer, M. Boldizsar, S. Vegh, E. Paulik and E. Olah, "Application of HPLC Methods to the Determination of Biochemical Tumor Markers", Biochim. Clin., 1992, 16, 995.
8) S. M. Lawerence, K. A. Huddleston, L. R. Pitts, N. Nguyen, Y. C. Lee, W. F. Vann, T. A. Coleman and M. J. Betenbaugh, "Cloning and Expression of the Human N-Acetylneuraminic Acid Phosphate Synthase Gene with 2-Keto-3-deoxy-D-glycero-D-galacto-nononic Acid Biosynthetic Ability", J. Biol. Chem., 2000, 275(23), 17869.
Handling and storage condition
|Appearance：||White to slightly pinkish white crystalline powder|
|Purity (Titration)：||≧ 98.0 %|
|Solubility in water：||To pass test (clear, colorless to slightly yellowish pink)|
|Solubility in Methyl alcohol：||To pass test (clear, colorless to slightly yellowish pink)|
|m.p.：||243 - 261℃ (dec.)|
|-20°C, Protect from light|