Product codeB021 Bis(12-crown-4)
Chemical nameBis[(12-crowN-4)methyl] 2-dodecyl-2-methylmalonate
|Unit size||Price||Item Code|
The NAS11-8 glass electrode is utilized as a selective sodium ion sensor. However, it is easily spoiled by biomaterials in sample solutions. Bis(12-crown-4), a sodium ionophore, is 100 times more selective for sodium than potassium in the PVC electrode using NPOE as a plasticizer. The same selectivity for sodium over potassium is reported when Bis(12-crown-4) is used on a coated wire electrode. It can be used in either a liquid membrane or a PVC membrane. TFPB, a lipophilic anion, can help improve detection sensitivity.
Ion selectivity: LogKpot(Na/Li):-3.0, LogKpot(Na/K):-2.0,
LogKpot(Na/Cs):-2.0, LogKpot(Na/Rb):-2.4, LogKpot(Na/NH4):-3.0,
LogKpot(Na/Ca):-4.0, LogKpot(Na/Ba):-3.7, LogKpot(Na/Sr):-3.7 Formulation: Ionophore: 6%, NPOE: 70%, TFPB: 50 mol% of ionophore
1) I. Ikeda, T. Katayama, M. Okahara and T. Shono, "Syntheses of Ester-type Bis-12-crown-4 Ethers and Their Complexing Abilities toward Sodium Cation", Tetrahedron Lett., 1981, 22(37), 3615.
2) H. Tamura, K. Kimura and T. Shono, "Coated Wire Sodium- and Potassium-selective Electrodes Based on Bis(crown ether) Compounds", Anal. Chem., 1982, 54, 1224.
3) T. Shono, M. Okahara, I. Ikeda, K. Kimura and H. Tamura, "Sodium-selective PVC Membrane Electrodes Based on Bis(12-crown-4)s", J. Electroanal. Chem., 1982, 132, 99.
4) H. Tamura, K. Kumami, K. Kimura and T. Shono, "Simultaneous Determination of Sodium and Potassium in Human Urine or Serum Using Coated-wire Ion-selective Electrodes Based on Bis(crown ether)s", Mikrochim. Acta, 1983, 2, 287.
5) H. Sakamoto, K. Kimura, Y. Koseki, M. Matsuo and T. Shono, "Lipophilic Bis(monoaza crown ether) Derivatives: Synthesis and Cation-complexing Properties", J. Org. Chem., 1986, 51, 4974.
6) T. Maruizumi, D. Wegmann, G. Suter, D. Ammann and W. Simon, "Neutral Carrier-based Na+ -selective Electrode for Application in Blood Serum", Mikrochim. Acta, 1986, I, 331.
7) H. Sakamoto, K. Kimura, Y. Koseki and T. Shono, "Highly Selective Cation Transport Through Membranes Containing Lipophilic Bis(monoazo-crown ether)s", J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans. 2, 1987, 1181.
8) N. Nakashima, I. Moriguchi, K. Nakano and M. Takagi, "Design of a Novel Bilayer System Responsive to Chemical Signals; Selective Discrimination of Na+ by a Spectroscopic Method", J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun., 1987, 617.
9) H. Widmer, S. Poitry and M. Tsacopoulos, "The Increase of Oxygen Consumption after a Flash of Light Is Tighly Coupled to Sodium Pumping in the Lateral Ocellus of Barnacle", J. Gen. Physiol., 1990, 96, 83.
10) M. Tanaka, H. Mizufune and T. Shono, "Evaluation of Complex Formation of Bis(12-crown-4)s with Sodium Picrate in Solution by 23Na NMR Spectroscopy, Chem. Lett., 1990, 1419.
11) Y. Shibutani, S. Mino, S. S. Long, T. Moriuchi-Kawakami, K. Yakabe and T. Shono, "Chiral Bis(12-crown-4)-based Electrodes for Sodium Ion", Chem. Lett., 1997, 49.
Handling and storage condition
|Appearance：||Colorless to slightly yellow liquid|
|Purity (HPLC)：||≧ 95.0 %|